Friday, March 22, 2013

The News (Or the Final Point)

Do any of you remember a post I dropped back near the beginning of the year?  I mentioned a big change and made a couple points out of it.  Well, I've been keeping this last point to myself since January.  It was a necessity.  I live in a tiny town filled with gossip-mongers and we really aren't interested in adding to that.  (Lord knows enough speculation has been filling this place anyway, but I didn't add to it.)

What the hell am I talking about already? 

Today is my husband's last day of work.  He's been managing this city for the past 11 years and he can finally be a private citizen again.  YAY!

So yeah, he's retiring and yeah, we're moving.  Which is another thing I've been keeping to myself - mostly because we haven't notified the landlady yet.  And we haven't notified the landlady because we weren't sure when we were moving or where we were going. 

Not until recently.  Not for sure until last night actually when we hammered out the last wrinkles in the house we've made an offer on.  But now we're sure.

We close on this lovely house in Missouri next Friday.


We're hoping to be moved by the second week in April. 

For internet security purposes (and my own paranoid privacy issues), I'm not telling exactly where in Missouri, but suffice it to say it's close to lakes and rivers and most importantly - TREES.  Living in scrubby, flat Colorado has damn near sucked the life out of this Michigander.  (And moving back to Michigan was out because it's too freakin' cold.)

I'll be up to my ass in alligators until after we get settled, but it'll be worth it.  Just bear with me.  And since I use gmail, my email address will not be changing - just the speed with which I'll be replying to some things.

Needless to say, I'm excited.  And a little freaked out because hey, we're moving hundreds of miles.  (Not that I haven't done that several times in my life already, but it's always a little freaky-making.)

Keep your fingers crossed everything goes well.  ;o)

9 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So happy for you both - and you sound so happy!! And, holy carp, that's like less than two weeks away! Them there's a lot of alligators, B.E.

    Good luck with the move - and Happy Retirement to your hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 trees! And I love the deck off the back. You'll get everything done. May the move be smooth and may you and hubby enjoy the heck out of his retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you! Congrats! EMBRACE CHANGE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wow! Wow! Congratulations!

    It looks like a gorgeous place to live. I'm with you on trees; living in central Texas is driving me bonkers. What they call trees I call large bushes. I miss real trees desperately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! I'm so glad you guys closed on the house!!!! It looks so peaceful and quiet there =) I'm sure you'll get lots of bird watching in =)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh. Yeah, Janet. Two weeks. :hyperventilates: Thanks for the luck and the well wishes and the happiness.

    Thanks, Maria!

    From here, it looks like a little slice of heaven, Silver. Thanks for the well wishes!

    LOL, definitely, JB! EMBRACE CHANGE!

    Thanks, Deb. Ugh, I can't imagine central TX. LOL on the large bushes, though.

    Not quite closed yet, Nat, but close. It should be peaceful and the neighbors we've spoken with seem nice. Ah yes, and I'm looking forward to bird watching there, too. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! It looks like a lovely spot to begin the next stage of your life. Hope all goes well with the move and the settling in!

    ReplyDelete