- If it doesn't belong to you, don't touch it.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
- It's not nice to spit. (Unless you've been shoveling out stalls, then it's necessary - but still not nice.)
- A lady doesn't swear. (At least not in public.)*
- There are three things you shouldn't discuss in polite society: Sex, Religion and Politics.
- A lady doesn't kiss and tell. (i.e. private things are best left private)
- Don't cut across other people's property to save time. (Refer back to the first lesson.)
- It's not nice to talk about other people behind their backs.
- Opinions are like assholes - everybody has one. (This last one was from my father, and he was exempt from the whole swearing thing.)
What are some lessons you learned that you wish other people would've learned, too?
*I didn't learn lesson #5 too well. I blame Dad. ;o)