Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Re-Viewables

And since I put down the movies I wish I'd never seen, here are a few of the movies I could watch over and over again...


Trading Places
Overboard
Armageddon
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Master and Commander on the Far Side of the World
The Dirty Dozen
True Grit
Casablanca
The Thief and the Cobbler
Big Fish
Meet the Robinsons
Muppet Treasure Island
The Big Sleep
The Philadelphia Story (with Hepburn, Grant and Stewart)
Big Trouble in Little China
Die Hard (all of them)
Executive Decision (but I like it better once Steven Segal dies)

To name a few.  I could go on, but I'd rather see what movies you have on your re-viewable list.

6 comments:

  1. Tough question - usually any romantic comedy or musical (I think I may have worn out my Mamma Mia and Hairspray DVDs).

    I LOVE The Philadelphia story - have it on VCR with some other Cary Grant movies (huge Grant fan). But the machine is no longer hooked up :( I have to find copies of these greats on DVD.

    Great list, B.E. - you've inspired me to want to watch Master and Commander again (off to find my copy and set it up for tonight's viewing). Tomorrow night, movie night, will be two new releases: Harry Potter and The King's Speech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the older David Lean movies, This Happy Breed, etc and also The VIPs, Rebecca (with Laurence Olivier), bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Overboard and Trading Places! I would add Princess Bride and The Shawshank Redemption. They never get old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which "True Grit"? I could watch the new one over and over again, but I definitely cannot watch the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had fun watching Master & Commander, Janet. I haven't even seen Deadly Hollows 1 yet. I'm so behind on new movies.

    I've never heard of David Lean, Debs. Oh yes, I love Rebecca. Like I said, there are so many more I could've put down, but we'd all be here for days.

    OMG, I can't believe I forgot The Princess Bride. Incontheivable.

    I'm a fan of the original, Alleged. I've loved John Wayne since I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to check some of those out; I love movies. My four-year-old gets obsessed about certain movies that she will ask to watch day after day...I have to admit I fostered her love for Meet the Robinsons, because it was one of the few that didn't annoy me the tenth time I saw it! So funny. :)

    ReplyDelete